Idea Napkin No. 2
1) You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically, regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
I am a college student with many ambitions. Still trying to figure out what my purpose is and what exactly it is that I want to do with the rest of my life. There are so many things that I want to learn and so many things that I think I would be great at but have not actually gotten a chance to prove myself. Since finishing high school, I went from living in the state of Washington to moving to Orlando FL for a fresh start. Since I have been here I have held a variety of jobs. Some that I enjoyed, some I didn’t, and one that I got fired for because I refused to do something I didn’t believe was right. All of these were just learning experiences that has made me stronger. My skills include customer service, communication, basic computer skills, being fluent in 2 languages and problem solving. My aspiration is to eventually go back to working in the healthcare industry. Healthcare has been one of my biggest passions in life and I really think that it is where I belong. This business would play a big role in my life in the beginning. Obviously if I want my project to be successful I would have to place my focus on it and once it has launched then I can have others manage it. This would allow me to focus on other things.
2) What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).
I am offering a smart car seat that will notify them when a child is left behind in the vehicle and also alert authorities if the temperatures rise to dangerous levels with a child still in the vehicle. This solves the problem that we are currently having where children are being forgotten in vehicles. I will also offer an add on kit that could be used on any type of car seat at a cheaper cost for those who would not be able to afford the smart car seat. The car seat will also include some other features for the comfort of the child sitting in the seat. Soothing music player to keep them occupied, temperature regulator that will keep them warm in the winter and cooler in the summer, ability to attach tablets or media players for longer trips and other features that could make the car ride better for baby and parents.
3) Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
These are for parents, mothers, fathers, caregivers, grandparents, basically anyone with a child under the age of 4. These customers have very busy lives. Work full time, possibly finishing a master's degree, and have family commitments. They own smart home gadgets such as the amazon dot, smart phones, and a Bluetooth compatible car.
4) Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service.
They care because safety of their children is their number one concern. Some also enjoy having those smart gadgets to go with all the other smart gadgets they own.
5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has?
The technology is what sets us apart from all the others. And the care and safety feature put into making every single one of our products. We don’t take short cuts in order to save more money. We make sure that every single one of our products is made to a certain standard that our customers expect.
6) Evaluate whether you believe these elements fit together or whether there are aspects of your business concept that are weaker / out-of-joint with the others.
I do think that my elements do fit together. This company is about child safety and not about the money that it could bring in. The main purpose is to prevent heat stoke related deaths from occurring. It is something that I am very passionate about. I do still think my weak aspects is getting the technology and also perfecting it.
7) For the "feedback memo" -- please summarize at least two main points that you took away from the feedback you received. Also, please describe how you incorporated the feedback into this idea napkin.
What I took away from the feedback was first that the product could be for anyone who has a child in their care. There really isn't really a "specific" type of person with a child. Now I would say that this product is specifically for those in direct care for a child. I say this because for example a person who has a baby cousin who they babysit on weekends may not actually go to the store looking to purchase a car seats. They would expect the parents or the caregiver of that baby provide the supplies.
People also mentioned that they liked the added features that would make the car ride more enjoyable for the child sitting in the car seats. I think this is an important feature because someone who doesn't forget their child in the care seat can still find some benefits to having the seat. This opens the market up to other people. I started to incorporate more features that could make this product more appealing to anyone with little ones looking for a smart product.
I am a college student with many ambitions. Still trying to figure out what my purpose is and what exactly it is that I want to do with the rest of my life. There are so many things that I want to learn and so many things that I think I would be great at but have not actually gotten a chance to prove myself. Since finishing high school, I went from living in the state of Washington to moving to Orlando FL for a fresh start. Since I have been here I have held a variety of jobs. Some that I enjoyed, some I didn’t, and one that I got fired for because I refused to do something I didn’t believe was right. All of these were just learning experiences that has made me stronger. My skills include customer service, communication, basic computer skills, being fluent in 2 languages and problem solving. My aspiration is to eventually go back to working in the healthcare industry. Healthcare has been one of my biggest passions in life and I really think that it is where I belong. This business would play a big role in my life in the beginning. Obviously if I want my project to be successful I would have to place my focus on it and once it has launched then I can have others manage it. This would allow me to focus on other things.
2) What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).
I am offering a smart car seat that will notify them when a child is left behind in the vehicle and also alert authorities if the temperatures rise to dangerous levels with a child still in the vehicle. This solves the problem that we are currently having where children are being forgotten in vehicles. I will also offer an add on kit that could be used on any type of car seat at a cheaper cost for those who would not be able to afford the smart car seat. The car seat will also include some other features for the comfort of the child sitting in the seat. Soothing music player to keep them occupied, temperature regulator that will keep them warm in the winter and cooler in the summer, ability to attach tablets or media players for longer trips and other features that could make the car ride better for baby and parents.
3) Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
These are for parents, mothers, fathers, caregivers, grandparents, basically anyone with a child under the age of 4. These customers have very busy lives. Work full time, possibly finishing a master's degree, and have family commitments. They own smart home gadgets such as the amazon dot, smart phones, and a Bluetooth compatible car.
4) Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service.
They care because safety of their children is their number one concern. Some also enjoy having those smart gadgets to go with all the other smart gadgets they own.
5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has?
The technology is what sets us apart from all the others. And the care and safety feature put into making every single one of our products. We don’t take short cuts in order to save more money. We make sure that every single one of our products is made to a certain standard that our customers expect.
6) Evaluate whether you believe these elements fit together or whether there are aspects of your business concept that are weaker / out-of-joint with the others.
I do think that my elements do fit together. This company is about child safety and not about the money that it could bring in. The main purpose is to prevent heat stoke related deaths from occurring. It is something that I am very passionate about. I do still think my weak aspects is getting the technology and also perfecting it.
7) For the "feedback memo" -- please summarize at least two main points that you took away from the feedback you received. Also, please describe how you incorporated the feedback into this idea napkin.
What I took away from the feedback was first that the product could be for anyone who has a child in their care. There really isn't really a "specific" type of person with a child. Now I would say that this product is specifically for those in direct care for a child. I say this because for example a person who has a baby cousin who they babysit on weekends may not actually go to the store looking to purchase a car seats. They would expect the parents or the caregiver of that baby provide the supplies.
People also mentioned that they liked the added features that would make the car ride more enjoyable for the child sitting in the car seats. I think this is an important feature because someone who doesn't forget their child in the care seat can still find some benefits to having the seat. This opens the market up to other people. I started to incorporate more features that could make this product more appealing to anyone with little ones looking for a smart product.
Eliana, I commend you for standing up for what you believe is right! That’s a respectable quality to have, one of which many people are lacking today. I love the idea of your smart car seat alerting authorities of the car temperatures rise too high. It seems necessary as a last resort option to ensure a baby’s safety. This product is great!
ReplyDelete-L
Eliana -
ReplyDeleteThis post was very detailed and well thought out. I think your various work positions and experiences will be an amazing tool for you in the future regarding business opportunities. Although you may not have a clear picture of what your future endeavors will be, your past experiences will have taught you what you don't want. Your product concept is really strong and is desperately needed in todays market. I encourage you to go forward with this product and see where it takes you. I feel that you can definitely make it a reality.