Elevator Pitch No. 2


Reflection:
I was really surprised that people actually liked my pitch. I am not a good speaker and it took plenty of takes to get this one right. So, after posting my last elevator pitch, it was suggested that I should talk about the "want". I was given the example of smart products that people purchase that could go along with the smart product that I am offering. At first, I really didn't understand what that meant. And maybe now I still don't. But what I got from it was that I should bring up other smart products that people buy as a way to encourage them to buy the smart product that I am offering. I would have to say that I agree with this. So, for this pitch, I added a line at the end where I mention those other smart products along with the smart car seat. I felt that making the connection, in the end, would help keep the idea fresh in people's mind.

Comments

  1. Eliana,
    Great job on your second pitch! I feel that you were much more comfortable this time around. Your pace was great and your pronunciation was clear. The statistics in your pitch are both shocking and disturbing, but I think they are also necessary for to explain why the need for this product is so dire. I like that you related back to other smart devices that we have, making it so much more apparent why your smart carseat is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eliana

    Your use of a statistic as a hook for your elevator pitch really drew me in and set the tone for the rest of the pitch. As a consumer, it made me fearful that the same situation could occur to my children in the future. This fear creates the "want" in the consumer's mind, and it is what drives them to purchase your smart seat as opposed to a regular seat. I think that you have great potential as a speaker, and my biggest tip to you is to try to incorporate more passion in your voice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment