Halfway Reflection

Related image

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?

So, with this class, it seems easy to get a grade based off just completion. The tricky part is actually completing the work that is assigned. Some assignments don’t require a vast amount of time to complete but there are only a few of those. The ones that you will have to invest time in I would suggest starting early. I started to do all of my work on Microsoft Online. I figured out it was easier than having it just saved on my computer or tablet because then it gave me the opportunity to ensure that I have access to my assignments no matter where I go. So, whenever I have some down time at work I am able to work on my homework assignments throughout the week. This worked out especially great for when I had to do interviews. By the time I get to Friday, all I find myself having to do is looking over and uploading my work to the blog.

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
This semester there was the hurricane that passed through my area. I lost power and was told that I would not get it back for possibly more than a week. All my classes are online and my first thought was how am I going to do my homework without power. I thought about how behind I was getting in not only in this class but the other I was taking as well. I was ready to drop my classes. Then I thought of how behind I already am with school and the goal that I had set out for myself. I pulled out my calendar and developed a plan for myself to get caught up on the work I was behind on. I took advantage of the power we did have at work to complete what needed to be done. I really do think that I have developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months. I feel like my determination to finish school is what has kept me going.

3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset'?
Get ahead! It doesn’t hurt to look at what the requirements are for assignments to come. When you have what the requirements in your mind it is easier to complete them because sometimes things happen during the week that you could use towards your assignments. You might meet people who could use your services or product you came up with and they could be your "next" interview subject.

Set yourself some goals and a timeline of when you are determined to finish. Then you think about giving up on something then you look at how that affects your overall plan. And please don’t overload your semester schedule with the thought that the more classes you take the fast you will finish. Chances are that you are more than likely to drop out of classes and grades will suffer. Take it one step at a time.

Give yourself an "off" day. For me my off day is Saturday. It is the day where I don’t work nor do I do anything for school. I feel like it is important to spend a day to renew yourself and your household. Seven days of nonstop school and work can be overwhelming. You will burn out if you don’t give yourself a break.

Comments

  1. Eliana,
    I liked the way you explained tenaciousness and stressed the fact that you will have to start the work in this class early. i also thought it was really cool to see how you handled all of the hardships the hurricane brought. Most people find it very easy to get discouraged, but it was cool to see that It motivated you to be even better. Something I wrote in my post is that to truly be successful you have to learn to appreciate the tough times to find your true potential and i think you exemplified that perfectly! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment