What's Next?

Existing Market
So, the people I interviewed were all mothers. I got ideas back such as maybe doing more accessories that they could buy with the car seat or that could come with the car seat. One person mentioned that they like the idea of being able to have something where they could stick a tablet or phone so that their child could watch movies on the device. She explained that when a child is too young it is difficult to have them front facing so that they could enjoy the tv's in the minivan. One of the other mom's thought I should consider doing something with the highchair. It needs some updated features to keep children occupied while they are prepping meals. The third mom thought that I should do something with the stroller. She has seen some out there have cool features but they are almost impossible to afford. She feels I could come up with something "cooler" and more affordable for parents out there.

I believe that in the future I could see this business moving forward with other child products. People will continue to have children so there will always be that need for children products. I do think that I could really do something with the stroller. I have seen ones out there that look "cool" but could use added features so that it will be worth looking into. We do want to make sure that there are always advanced safety features with any product that we might consider putting out there.

For the stroller I would say that it could use speakers in the inside just like the car seats. And actually, we could even consider making a stroller attachment that would work with the cart seat itself. It would remove the hassle of trying to unbuckle a child who could be sleeping and trying to seat them in a stroller.


New Market
So, I interviewed two people without kids and asked them how my idea could be used to solve a need they might have. My first interviewee loves animals and he thought I should come up with something that could work with a dog or cat collar. Something that could tell them if there are overheating or could notify authorities if animal abuse is occurring. My second interviewee also believed that something could be created to protect pets too. She says that she uses her dog crate a lot when traveling and a tech similar to what I am offering can really help ensure people don’t forget to let their pets out of their travel crates.

The new market I looked at obviously loves animals. What surprised me was the idea of incorporating some sort of tech into a dog collars. It isn't something that even crossed my mind. I do read a lot about animals being abused. So, if we could include something like that it could save some furry friend's lives.

I think the new market have opened my eyes to a completely different venture. I could have my venture of children products but also a venture of pet products. This would allow me to reach more customers. I do feel like it could be something that might be successful just because normally people tend to think of their furry friends as their children. There is a market out there will to pay for things to ensure the safety of their pets.

Comments

  1. Eliana,
    I'm really intrigued by these new ideas. First I think the stroller could be a really important addition to your product line. Incorporating the cooling seat in the stroller could help mothers who are taking their children for walks. Another interesting addition to the stroller product could be a UV protected sun screen that covers the opening of the stroller to protect the child from harmful UV rays and also keep them cool. Including a line of pet products is definitely a smart move. As you said many people think of their fur babies as their family so adding products that can protect them would be an amazing way to expand your market influence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment