My Entrepreneurship Story
When I was younger I would always wake up to my mom jamming in the game room to her "Hip Hop Abs" work out. She had started journey to better health. As I got older, I was tired of going to the gym after work, if I even made it there. I needed an alternative way of getting in shape from the comfort of my own home. That's when I remembered that my mom did at home work out program and it worked for her so I thought, why not give it a shot. I took the plunge and purchased a challenge pack. Of course, once the box came with all my tools I need to start my fitness journey I found all sorts of reasons to put off starting. I believe the items sat there for about a year before I told myself enough is enough and I need to get my health on track.
Early this year I started to follow the workout and nutrient plan. Sure, enough I loved it and haven't stopped since. I started to follow someone on Instagram that was on a similar journey as I was except, she was actually making money doing it. She approached me one day and asked if I'd be interested in learning about what she does. I figured I had nothing to lose by listening so, I jumped at the opportunity. I learned that the way I would be able to make money from all of this, would be to start my own business promoting and encourage people to use the products that the company offers. They explained it as if you are opening a franchise company except I wouldn’t have to pay all the crazy fees associated with that. Of course, there were a few things that concerned me in the beginning about all this. The first was that I am not a very active social media person and in order to be successful you have to be willing to put yourself out there and meet new people and share your experience. The thought of that terrifies me. The second thing that concerned me was the thought of failure. I didn’t want to do something that would cause me to lose more than what I gained. Now there were a few perks that I did like which included, discounts on product, no obligation to even sell anything if I chose, not having to keep a physical inventory of product, and being able to cancel anytime I want.
Two weeks ago, I signed up to start my own "business". While I am still learning the ropes of it all its been great learning experiences. I'm learning a lot about what it takes to attract people to what you are selling and what types of people are more likely to be interested. I went into this with the mindset that even if I fail at my business and don’t make many sales, at least I can say I tried. I will have knowledge for the future of what things worked and what didn’t so, should I ever decide to open up an actual business, I don’t feel blind going in.
I decided to enroll in ENT3003 originally because like many other fellow students it's a requirement. However, during the first week I had a choice to make on whether or not to actually keep the class because of financial reasons. I figured I'd take the one-week grace period to take the chance and learn about it actually means to be an entrepreneur. So far what I've learned has convinced me to stay. I really want to learn about the entrepreneurship processes. Like we learned the first week, entrepreneurs aren't just born. I want to learn of the ups and downs of entrepreneurship. So, I'm really excited of what this class has to offer and hope to gain a good insight into this side of business.
I decided to enroll in ENT3003 originally because like many other fellow students it's a requirement. However, during the first week I had a choice to make on whether or not to actually keep the class because of financial reasons. I figured I'd take the one-week grace period to take the chance and learn about it actually means to be an entrepreneur. So far what I've learned has convinced me to stay. I really want to learn about the entrepreneurship processes. Like we learned the first week, entrepreneurs aren't just born. I want to learn of the ups and downs of entrepreneurship. So, I'm really excited of what this class has to offer and hope to gain a good insight into this side of business.
Eliana, you have a great story! First, I wish you the best of luck with your business and your health and fitness journey! Like you said, entrepreneurship is a mindset, but I think it is also a lifestyle, like fitness and health. Incorporating your entrepreneurial inspiration into your lifestyle may help you stay positive and on track!
ReplyDelete-LCH
Eliana, your story is very inspiring. I too have wanted to get into the blogging and social media influence world, but have been shy to start for similar reasons. it is quite nerve-racking to start putting yourself out there with the ins and outs of your life, especially to total strangers over the internet. You never know who will be reading your posts or looking at your photos. I admire you for taking the plunge and starting your business. I am in the process to doing the same with my own personal platform. I just have to get over my anxiety with starting. I wish you good luck with your business, health, and fitness. I am hoping that this class will help us learn how to pursue our social media platforms, and more importantly how to grow them into successful businesses.
ReplyDelete